Effective October 3, 2015 – Minimum 2 night charge for any reservation on a Friday or Saturday night.
A large semi-open site with two camping areas, one on each side of the lake. Access is by gravel road and no power boats are allowed. We have picnic tables and fire rings at every site and outhouses positioned around the property. Come and enjoy a day of canoeing, kayaking, fishing, boating, hiking or spend a few days exploring all of the many attributes of this beautiful area. We also offer firewood for sale for those nightly campfires. Wherever your destination takes you, you’re certain to find your stay at Wood Lake Recreation Site relaxing and enjoyable.
We welcome travelers, vacationers, RV’s, tenters, bikers, seasonal campers, large groups, caravans and rallies, motorized recreation or those just passing through to further destinations.
Enjoy a nature hike along the trail that circles the lake
PLEASE NOTE: Wood Lake has modified it’s reservation policy.
Up to 100% of the sites are available for reservation at Wood Lake and what is not reserved of the sites, will continue to be on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not required, but if you have a specific site in mind or require additional room due to a trailer, reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made on line at www.westharrisonreservations.com Reservations will not be taken further than 30 days in advance and are cut off 4 days prior to your stay. This is a CASH ONLY site and has on-site supervision. All visitors are required to exit the site by 10:30 pm as gates are locked at 11:00 pm and will remain closed until 7:00 am. NOTE: Site is open from May 1 to Labour Day long weekend.
Reservations are held up to 10pm on the day of check-in, and are then available to any waiting guest
PLEASE NOTE: Reservations can only be made up to 4 days prior to your stay.
From Vancouver, take Highway 7 to Harrison Mills. Turn left onto Morris Valley Road and turn left again onto the Sts’ailes Forest Service Road. Once you hit the dirt road, drive 18.5 km and the site is on the right.
First and foremost, we want you to enjoy a safe and relaxing experience at our Rec Site.
Being that everybody recreates differently, we need to respect our neighbor and their right to enjoyment.
We have developed some basic rules to ensure that our guests receive a great experience while on the Rec Site.
- No loud music permitted any time.
- No fire arms, fireworks or projectiles of any kind permitted.
- Alcohol is permitted only in moderation at your campsite, when done responsibly. Alcohol is only permitted with-in your paid site.
- Please avoid bringing glass bottles on the beach.
- If you do choose to drink alcohol while camping, please do so responsibly and in the comfort of your campsite, and do not burn cans in the fire pit.
- We are a pet friendly site, but we do require you to keep your pets on a leash and to clean up after them. Owners are responsible for their pet’s behavior.
- Use the designated fire rings at the campsites. Please do not create additional fire rings if there is already one available. Fires are permitted to be 19″ x 19″ x 19″. Do not move fire rings.
- Remove all trash from fire ring prior to departing.
- Occasionally fire bans restrictions are put in place by the Province during exceptionally dry seasons.
- Stay in designated camping areas. Do not park any vehicle outside the designated parking area. Please do not park on the roadway or on sites other than your own.
- Quiet time is from 11:00pm-7:00am, noise levels should be controlled at all times to avoid disturbing fellow campers.
- Campground Speed Limit is 10MPH, however all licensed motor vehicles are expected to Idle In/Idle Out.
- No operation of any ORV within the park after 11:00pm.
- Helmets must be worn when riding a bicycle and for safety reasons please do not ride bicycles after dark. If you must, then you are required to use reflectors and lights.
- All Visitors must leave the Rec Site by 10:30pm, as the gate will be locked at 11:00 pm.
- Firewood is available for sale from the Camp Host. Cutting of firewood on the Rec Site is not permitted.
- Please feel free to burn Fire Wood Only in the fire ring. Scrap wood with nails are not permitted.
- Please Do Not cut Fire Wood from local areas. Laws prohibit the cutting of fire wood on Crown Land without a permit.
- Please Do Not change sites. The site which you have paid for is not transferable to another site.
- Please accompany all children while swimming, there is not a lifeguard on duty.
- Please do not walk through other campsites, use the roadways.